Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Miyabi Shibata

Who is Miyabi Shibata?

She is a character I have been working on for three years now. She originally appeared as a girl sitting in a park, playing a guitar at sunset. She then went through various afflictions while I was inspired by the story of Kaoru Amane and Aya "Ikeuchi" Kita. During this time Miyabi's friend Hikari "Kari" Tanaka came into being. I'll talk about her in a later post.

Miyabi has, in all incarnations, been a musician by hobby or trade. Some writing books tell you to write what you know, and because I am a musician I chose to make her one as well. I also decided to try to write from a different perspective than a males.... so I chose a female main character.

Miyabi has lost her father in some way, I haven't figured that out yet. Her mother has since decided to move on and has found someone else. Miyabi resents this highly.... I won't go into this further at the moment.

Mother lives in America - has only appeared anecdotally so far. New guy has children - Miyabi doesn't like them - though not through any fault of their own.... Her mother likes to compare them to her.

Stay tuned for part 2 of Miyabi Shibata

No comments:

Post a Comment